@ Dr. Maths we encourage :
” THINK . REASON . APPLY . SOLVE ”
Take a look of our modules here :
The competition aims to promote “Involved Parenting”. We wish to encourage our parents to get involved in their child’s learning process as this would carve out the path that your child may wish to take as an adult.
- Share with us the poster that shows what your child dreams to become. Sketch/paint/draw the poster, scan the image and email us at email@example.com
- Dr. Maths “Roll a Rainbow of your Dreams Contest” is open for entries to children of 6 to 12 years of age.
- The contest comprises of two stages:
First Stage: Parents post the illustrations made by their child/children by November 15th, 8 pm.
Second Stage: The “Qualified” Entries are posted by Dr. Maths on their Facebook page on November 16th. Five entries receiving maximum “Likes” on our FB page within a period of one week, will be selected. Out of which the Best Three will receive our First, second and third prizes.
- The competition ends November 23rd, 8 pm.
Terms and Conditions:
- No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win this contest.
- Entries are open to all children between the ages of 6 and 12 years and are legal residents of India.
- CONTEST SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: Dr. Maths (“Sponsor”) (“Prize Provider”) (“Contest Entity”)
- Dr. Maths panel of judges reserves the right to deem an entry “Qualified” or “Disqualified” for the competition.
- 3 winners at the end of the contest will win a Gift voucher of Rs. 2000, Rs. 1500 and Rs. 1000 as First, Second and Third prizes respectively.
- By sharing the images, you give Dr. Maths the rights to use the images for commercial/promotional purposes.
- All decisions relating to final winners will solely depend on Dr.Maths and its discretion.
- Winners will receive their Gift Vouchers 15 days from the announcement.
- All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Contest entrants grant permission to the Sponsor and agents of the Sponsor to photograph/replicate their entry. Articles uploaded/submitted as contest entries on the Page/Application remain the property of the Sponsor for use at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
“GOD IS IN THE DETAILS”
Some minute details that we look upon at every stage of learning maths :
- Carefully thought out sequencing of concepts, sub-concepts and types of questions leading to a smooth and seamless transition from skill to skill.
- Gentle progression in the level of difficulty of questions, ensuring the child does not struggle and the momentum of learning is sustained.
- Concepts are presented in multiple ways keeping the child engaged , minimizing monotony and encouraging an appreciation of the interrelationships between various mathematical concepts.
- Developing the distinct skills of mathematical communication and reasoning by providing a rich mix of approaches.
- Focusing on application of the concepts to problem solving and encouraging the child to think, reason, apply and solve by sharing specific strategies
Karishma shares with us how his son had build his confidence and impart skills such as analytic and logical reasoning. Aashravya enjoys doing the Dr. Maths exercises as he is able to solve them without anyone’s interference.
“Bridging the Concept Gap”
Children often experience concept gaps when classroom lessons move on before they have been able to master mathematical concepts. It is important to address these concept gaps as early as possible, else the fear of numbers can grow very rapidly leaving the child feeling inadequate and overwhelmed.
Yes ! Dr. Maths focuses on the similar approach as it is rightly covered in an article by Wall Street Journal,
says ” UNDERSTANDING IS THE KEY ” to master the mathematical concepts
Click on the link below read the article :
Repetitive Work in Maths!